Sunday, May 22, 2016

Yu - Heroic Courage - Lessons from the traditional samurai code of honor, discipline and morality known as bushido

Yu - Heroic Courage

"Hiding like a turtle in a shell is not living at all. A true warrior must have heroic courage. It is absolutely risky. It is living life completely, fully, and wonderfully."

"Heroic courage is not blind. It is intelligent and strong."

I can relate to this quote deeply, I feel like I have spent too much of my life living on the fence. Not fully living and at times unconsciously waiting to die. Heroic courage is about saying "Yes" to your life, being fully committed to you, your dreams, and your vision for your life. It is about feeling the fear and doing it anyway. Once you overcome the fears of life, is when true living begins. A samurai would go into battle expecting to die. This mindset actually helped the samurai survive battle because they gave their all. Anything worth doing in life should be handled with this intensity. When I chose a life of fitness. I committed myself to growing old while in shape. Who wants to use a walker or cane unless they absolutely have to? When going into business, I had to decide to commit myself fully. Upon being challenged by a well-known "super coach," that if I didn't start now then I never would. I took the leap (partly because I wanted to prove her wrong) and haven't looked back since. What are you afraid to do? What steps do you need to take today to step into your fear and be fully committed to you? Find ways to live "life completely, fully, and wonderfully" today!

To subscribe to this blog and get a free audio-book, Click Here! goo.gl/yPoZOt

1 comment: