Sunday, May 22, 2016

30-Day Motivation Challenge - Day 3 Prepare to Die

Yesterday was the first of seven principles of Bushido. Yu - Heroic Courage

Heroic Courage is about living with a mindset that you are ready to die. This isn't a sullen way of thinking, it is actually a joyous way of thinking. This is a question that I have asked myself several times in my life. Some of those times I was motivated to ask it out of deep depression - every area of my life was in ruins - my career, my finances, romantic relationships, and subsequently my health. Some of you may be able to relate. I mean...was I ready to die, was I ready to give up, was I ready to quit. No, I wasn't ready to give up, I wasn't ready to quit. Deep down somewhere there was still some fight left in me. Instead, I chose to live. I chose to see what is possible in this life of mine. Then I wanted to help other's so they would never have to hit rock bottom like I had.  I began to find things to motivate me when something began to fail to motivate me to push forward I immediately found something else. Until a light at the end of the tunnel became visible. A vision for my life.

Now I ask myself if I am ready to die for my mission, for my vision, for my purpose. A mission that still hasn't been fully realized yet. I've been given this day, so I'll make the best of it. I'm not perfect at this. I fail like everyone else but the difference between who I am today and who I was - is now I fail forward - I keep going. The only person that you need to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

This is a great video with a lot of great speakers. Let it sink in, make a decision today to pursue your dreams, goals, and vision for your life with calculated intensity and heroic courage. Enjoy!

To subscribe to this blog to receive weekly tips and motivation to keep you on track with your goals, Click here: Subscribe Here





No comments:

Post a Comment